The Society annually presents awards to homeopaths and others who have made a contribution to homeopathy.
Details of our Fellowship, Honorary Fellowship and Outstanding Achievement Awards are detailed below.
Fellowship and Honorary Fellowship
The Society of Homeopaths invites registered members to propose an individual they feel may be deserving of these prestigious awards. The nominee should be someone who has shown an outstanding level of passion and commitment to homeopathy, or achievement in the profession.
To be considered for these awards, the nominee must show evidence of an outstanding and positive contribution and service to homeopathy and have strong links to The Society of Homeopaths or homeopathy, incorporating all or part of the following criteria:
- innovative work which has been undertaken either in research (evidenced by publication) or the introduction of a new methodology, which has had a positive impact on homeopathy teaching and practice
- an outstanding contribution over a substantial period of time to the practice, promotion or teaching of homeopathy, publicly raising the profile of homeopathy and/or significantly contributing to the development of the profession of homeopathy
The two categories are:
Are given to Registered members (RSHoms) who are then able to use the initials FSHom after their name until retirement or cessation of their membership. On retirement their membership status will alter accordingly and they shall then be able to use the initials FSHom (retired). Should a Registered member decide to cancel their membership for whatever reason the designation they shall be entitled to use will be FSHom (Honorary).
We offer Honorary Fellowships to those who have significantly contributed to the development of the profession of homeopathy who are not necessarily homeopaths and this category carries the designation FSHom (Honorary).
To download the guidelines for nominees and nomination form click here
The following registered members have been awarded Fellowship of The Society of Homeopaths: Subrata Banerjea, Grazyna Baran, Miranda Castro, Kate Chatfield, Marcus Christo, Sue Crump, Jean Duckworth, Zofia Dymitr, George Garlick, Stephen Gordon, Linda Gwillim, Patricia Haggie, Anthony Hurley, Louis Klein, Felicity Lee, John Lee, John Morgan, David Mundy, Misha Norland, Rachel Roberts, Roger Savage, Camilla Sherr, Neil Slade, Julie Smith, Janet Snowdon, Simon Taffler, Francis Treuherz, Jane Wood and Susan Young.
Sheila Ryan is a Retired Fellow of The Society of Homeopaths.
The following people are Honorary Fellows of The Society of Homeopaths: Maria Apps, Robert Barker, Peter Chappell, John Churchill, Mary Clarke, Murray Feldman, Rima Handley, Barbara Harwood, Stephen and Sharon Hyde, Chris Jones, Robin Logan, David Needleman, Nicky Pool, Clare Relton, Rajan Sankaran, Camilla Sherr, Jeremy Sherr, Michael Thompson, Ian Townsend, George Vithoulkas and David Witko.
Outstanding achievement award
The spirit of this award is to annually recognise an outstanding one off achievement in the practice of, promotion of or generally in the field of homeopathy and is differentiated from the Honorary Fellowship award which is awarded as recognition for a body of work achieved over a career span.
Criteria for the award will be as follows.
- This award would be open to anyone whether practitioner or member of the general public, or a particular group of people who have been involved in any activity that has raised the profile of homeopathy in a positive light.
- This award should be in recognition of work achieved by the recipient within a 12 month to 2 year time frame of the time of nomination.
- Receiving an outstanding achievement award for a particular project would not exclude the award of honorary fellowship at a later date.
- As is usual with such awards, recipients may not use the award as a promotional tool or infer that it makes them a superior practitioner. Recipients will be asked to sign a Condition of Acceptance before receiving the award.
Download Outstanding Achievement Award guidelines for nominees and nomination form: click here
If you have any questions about your nomination for either of these awards, please contact Clare Foley on 01604 817890.
Teaching and Student Awards
These annual awards are for our recognised courses and student members who demonstrate excellence. Read more about it by clicking here
For information about application for this award, please contact The Education Department at: email@example.com