What is the Individual Route to registration?
Access to registration with the Society of Homeopaths is automatic for those who have qualified from one of the professional homeopathy courses recognised by the Society at the point when they qualified.
The purpose of the Society of Homeopaths’ Individual Route (previously called the APEL route) is to provide an alternative pathway for entry to the Society Register.
As an Individual Route applicant, you will be required to demonstrate achievement of learning outcomes equivalent to those of a Society recognised course. The process will enable you to show how your education and/or experience in practice can fulfil these criteria.
On completion of the Individual Route you will then be eligible to apply for Registration. Click here to find out more.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from practitioners who have received their education in homeopathy overseas or who have completed either a part-time or full-time structured study course in this country*, either independently or on a course not recognised by the Society. Experiential learning in practice can also be taken into account.
Our supportive process simply involves the submission of a portfolio demonstrating your qualifications and experience, followed by a meeting with members of the Society’s helpful and experienced team.
To be eligible for the Individual Route you need to…
- have completed a professional homeopathy course of structured study*
(either independently or on a course not recognised by the Society)
- have a right of residence in the UK in accordance with current Home Office criteria
- be able to communicate clearly in the English language
* if you are an experienced homeopath who has qualified through an alternative route, please provide evidence of substantial practice experience
How to apply
Please complete the application form and return 2 copies to the Society office together with the following documentation:
- a copy of any qualification in homeopathy and any other relevant qualification
- details of the homeopathy course(s) you attended, or details of other structured study
- 2 copies of a self-evaluation based on the Society’s Core Criteria for Homeopathic Practice (see guidance notes)
- 2 copies of case notes for two patients currently or recently under your care
(see guidance notes)
- a photocopy of your work permit (if applicable)
- a copy of your English Language qualification/assessment (if English is not
your first language)
- a photocopy of your insurance policy for practice as a homeopath
Please also send 2 cheques one for £75 and one for £175 (payable to the Society of Homeopaths), with your application. Alternatively you may provide credit/debit card details. We will only process the £175 when you are invited to interview.
Contact Liz Wootliff for the closing date for the next round of applications:
To find out more about the process download the Individual Route to Registration leaflet: click here or contact Liz Wootliff on 01604 817890.
To download the:
Individual Route application form click here
Individual Route Cases Guidelines click here
Society’s Core Criteria for Homeopathic Practice click here
Individual Route Core Criteria assignment click here
To download the Individual Route Policy click here